Who will you be working for?
CoolKit has been trading since 2005 and is based in Burnley, Lancashire. We make products for the transport refrigeration market. Simply put that means our products enable people to deliver temperature-controlled goods. Usually these are perishable products like foods or pharmaceuticals. Our products are unique in that we have designed them ourselves so that they are in our opinion the best on the market. They have many operational benefits and an unrivalled mix of accreditations.
Our company mission is simply to be recognised by all as a progressive, innovative and favourable company to deal with – valuing trust quality and service above all else.
We have demonstrated we are a ‘Cool’ company to work for by achieving the Investors in People Standard and invest in the training and continual development of all people in the company.
What is the role?
- The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of a refrigerated vehicle design and development, maintaining thorough and well organised designs/drawings for all works orders and development activity. You will identify and execute any update of designs/drawings, to constantly improve conversions. This needs to be actioned quickly, in collaboration with Manufacturing.
- You will oversee the creation of suitable technical specifications against all quotations, while ensuring customer responsiveness.
- You will oversee transport refrigeration unit installation technically, in so far as is necessary to drive up standards of workmanship, identifying those that are below the standard required. You will provide continues technical guidance and develop fitting instructions (standardised practice) in collaboration with Manufacturing.
- You will practice and/or lead structured continuous improvement programmes, in pursuit of quality. This extends to problem solving activity in response to internal defects and external customer complaints.
- You will assist technically as required with Type Approvals.
- Your technical role in the company will extend to assisting Manufacturing with issues relating to site services and general preventative maintenance. In this respect you will highlight processes that require periodic maintenance and document procedures accordingly.
- You will provide aftersales technical help, visiting customers as required
- Any other duties that fit within your capabilities.
A successful candidate will be;
- We seek candidates ideally from the transport refrigeration industry. However other industries may be considered.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with vehicle conversions or commercial vehicle body building, including AutoDesk CAD / Design.
- Ideally experienced in transport refrigeration unit installations, auto electrics or Controller Area Network (CAN bus) technology.
- We seek candidates able to manage and meet objectives as part of a team.
What will you earn?
In return we offer remuneration commensurate with the role and an opportunity to develop within a fast-growing company. Extensive training will also be provided, to help you settle in quickly.
8am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Loredana Emmerson – firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE