SUMMARY OF DUTIES
You will be responsible for the safe and efficient running of entire factory floor, with a strong focus on quality and timely delivery. In the discharge of your duties, you will work closely with all management functions within the business and manage all aspects of human resource to maximise their contribution. You will ensure that sales demand is met.
- You will oversee the safety of all factory personnel, ensure all company policies are understood and upheld. You will spearhead the continuous development of a safe working culture.
- You will manage all aspects of ‘Man Management’ (along with HR), in line with relevant company policies. You will oversee recruitment, training, initiatives to maximise retention, all in pursuit of a quality workforce. Furthermore, you will ensure the necessary structured communication, coaching and recognition to maximise employee commitment to the business.
- You will drive to maximise QUALITY and timely delivery of product. This is a key requirement of the position.
- You will organise production to minimise waste, minimise inventory and maximise the cost-effective running of the factory floor. Good standards of workplace organisation and housekeeping will be upheld.
- You will ensure that all workplace instructions and process control procedures are adequate and adhered to. It is important the reduce reliance on PDI to fix faults.
- You will work with Stores to ensure timely kit preparation. You will work with the Logistics Manager to ensure production is not delayed pending vans.
- You will work with the Operations Director and Operations Manager to develop best manufacturing strategy with respect to supplies i.e. do manufacture internal or external.
- You will ensure the necessary maintenance / site services are upheld.
- You will maintain accurate factory metrics i.e. cycle times, and, establish plans to drive team-based improvement, assisted by the broader management team. A strong emphasis on driving ‘kits that fit’ is important.
- You will work with all internal resource, to drive kit / product development.
- Any other duties that fit within your capabilities.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR
CoolKit has grown rapidly in recent years and is now widely recognised as the foremost specialist in products for temperature-controlled distribution. As such it is the largest converter of refrigerated panel vans in the UK, focusing on vehicles used by the pharmaceuticals, foodservice, catering and analytical testing industries.
Following major investment, we currently employ more than 90 people. Since the start in 2005, we have manufactured over 1,600 insulated lining kits, fitted 5,000 conversions and completed 1,600 refrigerated vehicles. Due to new contracts recently won, we will see these numbers increasing over the next few years.
Acknowledged by many within the industry as the best, we have won many accolades, awards and accreditations. During the last 2 years alone, awards include Best Refrigerated Vehicle (TCS&D Awards), Best Van Innovation (Vans A2Z), Manufacturing Business of the Year and Business of the Year (BIBAs Awards) and Manufacturing Excellence Award (Burnley Business Awards).
It is well known that CoolKit is a great company to work for, having achieved the Investors in People standard and by continually investing in training and development of all our staff, with generous holiday allowance and opportunity for overtime.
32 days holiday including bank holidays / Pension scheme / Full-time / Permanent
Please apply in writing to Andrew Wearing (Operations Director) – email@example.com