Job Title: HSE and Facilities Manager
Location: Blackburn, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full-time
CoolKit Ltd is a prominent player in the temperature-controlled vehicle conversion industry in the United Kingdom. We specialise in customising vehicles to meet the unique needs of our clients. Our commitment to quality, safety, and environmental responsibility is paramount in all aspects of our operations. We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Health and Safety and Facilities Manager to ensure that our workplace is safe, compliant, efficient, and environmentally responsible, in alignment with UK regulations and ISO 14001 standards.
As the Health and Safety and Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a safe, environmentally responsible, and well-organized workplace in accordance with UK health and safety regulations, ISO 14001 standards, and company policies. You will play a critical role in promoting a culture of safety and sustainability while ensuring our facilities support our operations effectively.
1. Health and Safety Compliance:
– Develop and implement safety policies and procedures in line with UK Health and Safety legislation.
– Conduct regular safety audits and inspections to identify and address potential hazards.
– Investigate accidents and incidents, and develop strategies to prevent their recurrence.
– Keep up-to-date with UK health and safety regulations and best practices.
2. Employee Training:
– Provide training and educational programs to employees on safety protocols, emergency response, and compliance, following UK training requirements.
– Conduct safety inductions for new hires and ensure ongoing safety awareness throughout the organization.
3. Facilities Management:
– Oversee the maintenance and functionality of the facility, including equipment, utilities, and security systems, adhering to UK building and safety standards.
– Manage relationships with suppliers and contractors for facility maintenance and improvements.
– Ensure that the facility meets cleanliness and organization standards to optimize workflow.
4. Environmental Responsibility and ISO 14001:
– Develop and maintain environmental policies and procedures to meet ISO 14001 standards.
– Monitor and ensure compliance with UK environmental regulations relevant to the vehicle conversion industry.
– Implement eco-friendly practices and sustainability initiatives in alignment with ISO 14001.
– Look at further accreditations and strategies to further develop the companies ESG strategies, such as B-Corp status
5. Emergency Response:
– Develop and maintain emergency response plans, including fire safety, first aid, and evacuation procedures, following UK guidelines.
– Coordinate drills and training to prepare employees for emergencies.
6. Documentation and Reporting:
– Maintain accurate records of safety inspections, incidents, training, and environmental activities in accordance with UK and ISO 14001 record-keeping requirements.
– Prepare regular reports for management and regulatory authorities, including the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
– Bachelor’s degree in Health and Safety Management, Facilities Management, or a related field. Relevant certifications (e.g., NEBOSH) are a plus.
– Proven experience in health and safety management, facilities management, or a related role, preferably in the automotive or vehicle conversion industry.
– Strong knowledge of UK health and safety regulations, ISO 14001, environmental standards, and best practices.
– Excellent communication and training skills.
– Proficiency in using safety management software and tools.
– Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
– Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
– Salary £45,000 – £50,000 per annum
– Health Cash Plan
– Death in Service & Critical illness cover
– 6.4 weeks per year / 29 days including bank holidays
– Professional development opportunities
– Hours 7:00 to 4:30 Monday to Thursday. 7:00 to 11:00 Friday. Alternatives will be considered as appropriate.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their relevant experience and qualifications to [email protected]
CoolKit Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
*Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with it. We may amend or modify this job description to meet the needs of the organisation.
“CoolKit’s customer service and aftersales is excellent. They kept us up-to-date with the build progress, and even loaned us a freezer van until we could collect.”Justin HardmanBakery Manager at Rink Bakery
“Our fleet will be the most technologically advanced pharmaceutical vans on the road, having been built exclusively for AAH by CoolKit to ensure product is delivered within GDP 2013 guidelines.”Steve AndersonOperations Director at Celesio UK, AAH Pharmaceuticals’ parent company
“We have contracts with food manufacturers and suppliers and use the refrigerated vans to collect samples for microbiological, chemistry and molecular analysis. We collect from countless locations across the UK, delivering samples back to our nine food testing laboratories – and CoolKit did an excellent job. One thing they did was source a bespoke flooring for us that’s hygienic and easy to clean. Rather than having trays and boxes sliding around in the back it has given us a more stable load area.”Susan PrattALS UK Logistics Manager